07 July 2011

How to Use UTAU [Insert Voicebanks]

you need to have:

1.UTAU program. You can download it here (better to put it on English. Read first, Tutorial How to put UTAU in English).

2.Some voice banks. If you don't have your own yet, you can choose and download here.

3. Make sure your UTAU program has seveal tools called wavtool.exe and resampler.exe. Don't worry, usually, they are already in one package with UTAU. Just make sure they saved in the same folder.

。。。


Tutorial:
1. Open your UTAU progam.

2. First, go to the menubar, Tools > Option.

Photobucket


3. Click, Bank Regist > Select.

Photobucket


4. Choose your UTAUloids voice bank from your computer file. You can download it as I've said before. There are some files: a.wav, e. wav, i.wav, etc.. You can choose whichever. Click > Open.

Photobucket


5. Select the voice bank, don't forget to click 'ADD' to Add your file before clicking OK button (Look at the picture). Not just one, you can add several voicebanks, like this pic:

Photobucket


6. You can't make the utau sing before you choose wich voicebank that you've inserted. Look at menubar, click Project > Project Property.

Photobucket


7. Choose your voicebank. Then OK.

Photobucket


8. If the top left box has filled with the utau's picture, now you can make your utau sing. But not all Voicebanks has a picture. To check her/his sound, right click wherever on the board, then click 'Sound List'.

Photobucket


9. Click whichever file and hear the sounds like, 'a', 'bi', 'ou', etc. And make sure you've turn on your speaker, lol. Good luck!

Photobucket

33 comments:

Ritsuka Tsukine (UTAU) said...

LOL Arigatooo now my UTAUloid its singing n.n Arigatooo :P

Chrissy said...

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH ^^
Now my UTAU can sing :3

Anonymous said...

when i try to look for the voice bank it dosnt show up...what do i do?

Nada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i tried but none of the Voicebanks i downloaded showed up

Anonymous said...

i downloaded Teto's voicebank, but all the names are all messed up. the UTAU program says "out of range" or "invalid voice setting" (my UTAU was confusingly translated and some .wav files were messed up during the installation. they have been fixed, but now these are messed up and i cant fix their names.

MrsKagamine said...

Whenever I try to open a voice bank it says "No items match your search." Can someone help please? QmQ

Unknown said...

IT NO WORK :''< Help??

Unknown said...

When I right click it pulls up Project settings.

Unknown said...

I follow all your steps, but it only says "?????1?????". The heck with this? Can someone help me? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong....

Anonymous said...

YEAH @ faith cox
except mine is ????2???? like that. :<

Anonymous said...

when I click play button, it says 'failed to generate the wav file. please check the settings' :| am I do something wrong?

Anonymous said...

It says bad file name or number when i try to open it :c

LittleSun123 said...

plz help, i followed exactly what it says but when i put the lyrics(english), pressed the pink button and play button, it doesn't have any sound! i use kasane teto's voicebank

Anonymous said...

The Teto wav file i downloaded didn't show up on windows explorer when I clicked 'select' but if I just open windows explorer i can find the file. Can you explain what to do please?

Anonymous said...

I'm doing everything right! it's just not showing up!

Anonymous said...

My Utau sings in japanese characters and I don't have jaPANESE CHARACTERS ON MY KEYBOARD! wHAT DO i DO?
dO i DOWNLOAD ANOTHER uTAU?

Anonymous said...

I downloaded tetos English voicebank and when I try to add it I cant fine the .wav files but when I open my files when not on utau I can find them what do I do?

Anonymous said...

THAT IS FRIKKING MESSED UP AT LEAST ANSWER ONE COMMENT THESE PEOPLE AND I NEED HELP!!

Unknown said...

Info: The preutterance of '* ‚ ' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¢' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¤' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¦' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¨' is longer than the overlap.
HELP!!! I do not know what I did...but this came up when I opened up My Utau!

Unknown said...

Also This! Note: The consonant length of 'Ԥ1' is zero. It may be trouble.
Note: The consonant length of 'Ԥ2' is zero. It may be trouble.
Note: The consonant length of 'Ԥ3' is zero. It may be trouble.
Info: The preutterance of '‚Å‚¡' is out of consonant area.

Anonymous said...

Oh god...
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...
MY UTAU CAN SING!!!!!!! YASSSSSSSS!!

Thanks for the tutorial! x3

Prosa2002 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i want to use the built in voicebank, but when i try to put in japanese words, and hit play, it wont sound. could you help?

Anonymous said...

Do you know how I can put my Utau up for download?

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! Now I can add Gahata Meji (I know I screwed that up .-.) into UTAU!

Unknown said...

I have 3 vbs ( the default, yokune ruko, yokune rook) and only one works (yokune ruko) . HELP HELP HELP

Anonymous said...

my vb file is in .zip, and i tried your way. it didnt work..halp

Unknown said...

a a a a h H h H TETO WONT LOAD STILL HELP MEEEE

Anonymous said...

Hi, friendly anon here to say that if it's saying your voicebank directory thingy is invalid it might be that the folder it's in needs to be renamed. Mine was computer gibberish so I renamed it to just the utau's name in romaji and it worked.

Redwolf said...

All your screenshots are blurred and advertised photobucket watermarks so I can't even view them. Could you check them again? I know this blog is super old.

can make songs now!! said...

shuu can now sing thank you! took some trial and error but here i am

Anonymous said...

uhhh so like i downloaded momo and teto and i have defoko but none of em work and i can put lyrics in but nobody sings when i play it 😭 maybe im just stupid idk